Monday, June 16, 2008

Damn, Ninja!

Man, I dropped the ball on this one. I found the article below back in January, and it got lost on my work desktop. But, here it is now, in its small glory.



Now, you probably know how much I love ninja criminals. The great twist to this one is that this particular ninja, dubbed the Staten Island Ninja by some, has been caught, and he's, *GASP* Albanian!

Now, I know, you're probably thinking, "How could this be? The only Albanian ninjas went their separate ways after the cold war, when ex-soviet spy-criminal-masterminds could no longer afford their own private ninja armies!"

And you'd be half-right, there. Here's what I think, as I've said before: this is just a really bad time for ninjas, man. Most of the old ninja/samurai blood feuds have died out, evil mega-corporations are downsizing their ninja staff in favor of additional legal representation (far more dangerous, really), and criminal masterminds have trended toward rockstar-bodyguard-type hulking muscle:



There simply isn't much work out there for an honest ninja anymore. They're out of work. Lonely. Desperate. And at times like this, they turn to the only thing they know – awesome stealthy criminal behavior.

No comments: